Essential 7 from Young Living Essentials
Three Single Oils (5ml bottles): Lavender, Peppermint & Lemon.
Four Blends (5ml bottles): Joy™, PanAway™, Peace & Calming™ and Purification
Lavender: is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and ski irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing — physically and emotionally. I like to rub the Lavender on my temples to aid a headache.
- Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
- To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on the end of the tongue or behind the ears.
- To reduce or minimize the inflammation of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on and around the area.
- Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash/skin to stop itching and heal the skin.
Lemon: has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function.
There are many uses for lemon oil but I use it mostly to help boost my immune function. I place one drop in my water every morning and am working my way up to 5 drops. This helps my body get rid of excesses toxins. Lemon has many other great health benefits as well.
Peppermint: is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, M.D. studied peppermint’s effect on the liver and respiratory system. Other scientists have also researched peppermint’s role in affecting impaired taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint’s ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy. Alan Hirsch, M.D. studied peppermint’s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a sense of fullness after meals.
- Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to relieve indigestion
- Add a drop of peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
- Massage several drops of oil on the area of injury to reduce inflammation.
- Inhale peppermint oil to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- To stop hiccups, apply a drop of oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up 3 notches from the large vertebra at base of neck).
- Rub on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
- Place two drops on the tongue and rub under nose to improve alertness and concentration.
JOY: An exotic blend of lemon, mandarin, bergamot, ylang ylang, rose, rosewood, geranium, palmarosa, roman chamomile, and jasmine that produces an uplifting magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart.
- Rub a drop on bottom of each foot to relieve feelings of frustration or depression
PANAWAY: A blend of winter green, which has an active constituent similar to cortisone; clove, which contains eugenol, used by dentists to numb gums; peppermints, which is calming for nerves; and heilchrysum, which is soothing for localized discomfort. This blend was created by Gary Young following an injury that severely tore the ligaments in his legs.
- Rub on injured area to reduce inflammation and bruising.
- Rub on sore muscles to relieve
- Rub oil on temples/forehead/back/neck to relieve headache.
PEACE & CALMING: A gentle, fragrant blend of Tangerine, orange, ylang ylang, patchouly, and blue tansy specially designed for diffusing. It promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace, helping to calm tensions and uplift spirits.
- Rub oil on the bottom of feet and on shoulders before bedtime to get a good nights sleep.
PURIFICATION: An antiseptic blend of Citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, melaleuca, lavandin, and myrtle formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air.
- Rub a drop on the outside of a sore throat when it is first beginning.
- When traveling, inhale during flight to protect yourself from pathogens found in the air.